Netherlands Radio Choir Academy
The Groot Omroepkoor (GOK) offers Master's students and young professionals the opportunity to gain experience in a large professional choir. They are admitted to the GOK Academy, where they participate in at least three productions that season. The GOK Academy offers a unique opportunity to become acquainted with the great choir repertoire and to work with world-class conductors and orchestras. Academy graduates receive guidance and feedback from a mentor in each production and may participate in two workshop days during the season. You will receive an internship and travel allowance for each project. Watch the promo here
Are you a Master student of classical singing or have you just graduated? Then apply before 15 June!
You can apply for the GOK Academy if you will be a classical voice master student in September 2022, or if you have recently graduated (Bachelor/Master). Please send your application before 15 June to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivation (max. 300 words)
- Audition repertoire (two works of your choice in different languages and styles)
We expect you to be available to participate in at least 3 of the 5 productions listed below:
Productions with GOK Academy 2022/2023
1. Norma, Bellini 10 Sept 2022 (rep. 5-8 Sept)
2. Bach, Mendelssohn, Haydn 23 Dec 2022 (rep. 6 to 9 Dec & 19 to 22 Dec)
3. Mozart, van Gils 20 and 22 Jan 2023 (rep. 12 to 19 Jan)
4. The Cunning Fox, Janacek 1 April 2023 (rep. 28-30 March)
5. Das Pardies und die Peri, Schumann 9 June 2023 (rep. 15-17 May & 5-8 June)
The audition will take place on 24 June 2022 between 15:00 and 18:00 in the Muziekcentrum van de Omroep, Heuvellaan 33, Hilversum. No later than 17 June, you will hear whether you have been invited for the audition. The audition committee will consist of members of Groot Omroepkoor.
A pianist will be present at the audition. Please bring your sheet music with you, or let us know if you bring your own pianist.