Come join the Work Internship at the Netherlands Radio Choir!
The Netherlands Radio Choir (Groot Omroepkoor) offers an exciting work internship programme for the 2019-2020 concert season: voice students have the opportunity to gain experience in an internationally renowned choir and work with famous conductors and soloists. The student programme will consist of six productions; we invite one or two students per voice section to join us in rehearsals and concerts. During the period of rehearsals and performances, the students will be coached by singers who are active members of the choir.
Conditions for participation
- 3rd and 4th year bachelor students of classical singing of all dutch conservatories are welcome in the programme. Master students are also welcome. There are no auditions.
- Alumni who graduated no longer than one year ago are also welcome.
- Participation is only possible if all rehearsals and concerts are fully attended.
- Application is possible until 4 weeks before the first rehearsal of the production.
- The participating students are expected to study their parts before entering the production, and discuss possible vocal difficulties with their teachers. We will try to send the scores to the students four weeks before the first rehearsal.
- In case the number of applications exceeds the number of vacant places, the moment of application is relevant in the placement of the students. Students that cannot be placed because all vacant places are occupied, will be registered and receive an early invitation for next season’s programme.
- The choir- and orchestral conductors remain responsible for the artistic final result. This means that in exceptional cases the conductor might decide that a student cannot participate in the performances.
- Travelling expenses of participating students will be compensated, (2nd class dutch railways train ticket).
During the period of rehearsals and performances, the students will be coached by singers who are active members of the radio choir. A survey at the beginning of the rehearsal period and an evaluation report will be part of the coaching cycle. The aim being that, at the end of the project, the students will have a realistic insight into their vocal competences with regards to what singing in a professional ensemble, such as the Netherlands Radio Choir, demands. They will also be able to reflect on their performance in the project, together with their teachers.
Following the project, the students will be invited to audition for the choir. The goal of this audition is to gain auditioning experience and getting feedback from the audition commitee. This audition can lead to an invitation to take part in the choir’s Master Programme.
Participating students can get credits for joining the programme. They should contact the ‘stage coördinator’ of their conservatory to arrange this.
The number of hours involved in each production (rehearsals, concerts, preparation and coaching) is approximately 55.
Interested students are asked to e-mail the following information:
- The production(s) the student wants to join. In case of more than one production, please give a preference order. If you have any questions about a piece, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Voice-type: S1/S2/A1/A2/T1/T2/B1/B2
- Name of the conservatory you are studying at
- In which year of study are you? (or in which year did you graduate)
- Your voice teacher’s name.
- Full address, including phone-numbers and e-mail-address
- Have you got an ‘OV-kaart’, if so, is it week or week-end type OV-kaart?
- IBAN (bank-account) number for restitution of travel costs.
- Body height
For further information and application, please send mail to the stageteam: email@example.com.
Itamar Lapid, Stageteam Groot Omroepkoor